Tuesday 3 September 2013

About me

My Intro

Hi, I am Ritish Haman and I live in Mauritius. I am a Design and Technology teacher in a private college called Le Lycee Mauricien. It will be nearly 3 years since I joined the education field and it has been really a fantastic and enriching journey till now. I consider education as the most powerful weapon which you can use to change your world.



Presently I am following a Msc course in Educational Technology and I hope to learn new things through this course and eventually help my students in the future. 

For the requirement of this course we were ask to create a blog in order to participate in the Open Content Licensing for Educators course. Till now the only social network site I am familiar with is facebook but hopefully with this Msc course I will get the chance to learn and use other social network sites. Being a first time blogger I did get some difficulties to create and personalize my blog, but thank you youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaQUdIXEJ9Q ) for rescuing me ;-) !!!!

My Objective

Some teachers, once they have attained certain level of experience in their field of expertise, tend to feel that they do have the skill it takes to actually reach all kinds of students as well as the skill it takes to teach whatever content. However, according to me, teaching is to be perfected on a daily basis and technology is to make our teaching more effective and efficient especially for our new generation of students.

Technology is to be adapted in order to meet students’ need in classroom. One of the most remarkable characteristics of technology is its adaptability and we have to take full advantage of such a fact. Teaching is to be student-centered, therefore, technology as well as any other teaching-learning resources must suit what students learning requirements suggest.

Having said all this, my objective regarding this course is to grow as a teacher and I hope that this course prove fruitful and beneficial not only in terms of how much I will lean but also in terms of how much I can shared with other people through my blog. And I hope that this workshop on Open Content Licensing for Educators course help me in my professional development.

I want to end by inviting my fellow friends, colleagues and students to follow my blog and any constructive comment or opinion will be the most welcome. I also encourage my fellow colleague to create their own blog and follow the workshop on Open Content Licensing for Educators course.

"The only way to obtain perfection in any field is constant learning and practice"



No comments:

Post a Comment