Friday 6 September 2013

Learning Reflection for Session 1

I have created this blog for the open contest licensing for educator course (OCL4Ed). In fact it's my first ever blog and I did get a lot of trouble before creating it. I should admit that before this session, the only social network site that I was familiar was only Facebook. However with the help of my friends who are also participation in this workshop, I was able to create my blog and carried out the activities involved in session 1. For me this is an amazing and fruitful experience to learn new things and hope I will be able to adapt whatever I am learning here in my teaching.

Prior to this workshop I did know about e-learning materials but I was totally unaware about the open licensing. From my point of view, education is very fundamental in everyone's life. Everyone should get the opportunity to be educated. Nowadays there are thousands of millions of e-learning resources which are available freely on the internet. So anyone can get instant access to these resources. However, there are also copyright resources which require special licenses to be able to use them.

That's the importance of open licensing. This will save money and allow students from remote place around the world to getting full access to education freely. Coupled with this there will be sharing of knowledge, ideas, suggestion and this interaction of learners can only benefit themselves.

The extract which discuss about teaching as a vocation or profession is also very interesting. It gives food for thoughts. If all educators consider teaching as a vocation, they will always be in search of new knowledge, new teaching strategies which can only enhance the learning of their students. From now onward, I will try to adhere to these practices for the better development of our our future generations.

In order to improve the quality of education worldwide, digital freedom should be allow. Schools, colleges, universities, institutions should be able to share, modify and reuse learning materials freely and legally.

Having said all these, the questions that remain are, what will be the future of our schools, colleges, universities, institutions if digital freedom and open licensing is achieved??? Will they have to shut down? Will they be available just for evaluation purposes like examinations? All these issues will need to be sorted out before coming a decision.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the digital world of learning! this is what we call digital world. In digital education we might afraid that the culture mode of learning will be abolish. But in my point of view this is just a tool that will enhance the mode of learning. OER is helpful for those learners who has luck of resources. Colleges, universities or schools will still remain in the future and it will never fade out why? this is the backbone of learning.

    ReplyDelete